Koshi Marine Carbon Fiber Engine Air Scoops for Mercury V8 Outboard
Skillful knowledge has it that removing the cowling on your 300R/450R will increase your engine's power as more airflow becomes available. The Koshi carbon scoops act as an "air ram" that allows forced air into the cowling, increasing the static air pressure, which ultimately makes its way into the supercharger on the 450R, therefore providing more engine power. These scoops also help reduce what is commonly referred to as "station wagon effect", which is the pulling of exhaust fumes into the rear of the intake, which makes its way into the intake, reducing horsepower. This is primarily a concern on boats going over 100+ mph.
The Koshi air scoops have been designed and manufactured in-house at Koshi's state-of-the-art carbon fiber facility, utilizing blemish-free Prepeg carbon fiber.
- Mercury Verado V8 4.6L 250HP
- Mercury Verado V8 4.6L 300 or 300R
- Mercury Verado V8 4.6L 450R
- Koshi Carbon Scoop in High Gloss
- Koshi Carbon Scoop in Dry Carbon (Matte)Features:
- Prepreg Carbon Fiber material (Using Delta-Preg, the exact supplier of Ferrari and Lamborghini).
- Cured with Autoclave technology (140°C – 6 bar)
- Individual Quality Control for a guaranteed and precise fit
- Stylish and carefully designed.
The kit comes with left and right cowling pieces and each unit is for one engine.