Simrad RS20S VHF With DSC
Stay safe and in touch with this dependable Class D DSC approved VHF radio featuring an integrated GPS receiver. The versatile RS20S is ideal for a variety of boats from small RIBs to larger cruisers, and is designed to match the low-profile style of our glass bridge displays and accessories.
An Easy to Use Radio for Any Vessel
See clearly in bright daylight with a high contrast black-on-white display, and inverted white-on-black night mode. A rotary dial makes channel selection easy, while large buttons provide quick access to other key functions. Dedicated Channel 16 keys, found on both the radio and its fist microphone, offer instant access to the emergency channel. An included gimbal bracket enables simple table-top, overhead, or bulkhead installation. Flush-mount installation is also possible, with an easy mount-from-front solution, to match the low-profile style of our glass bridge displays and accessories.
Class D DSC Approved
DSC, or "Digital Selective Calling", makes it easier to stay in touch with other boaters and enables you to broadcast your boat's location during an emergency. If you find yourself in trouble, the RS20's dedicated "distress" button will initiate a DSC distress call that sends your boat's position to anyone within VHF range. Used together with a traditional radio distress call, this makes it easier for other boaters with DSC-capable radios to register your situation and come to your aid. An integrated GPS receiver means your position can be sent even if your boat's other electronics are powered down.
Easy Access to All International Channels
The RS20S is designed for global use and supports all international channels. With tri-channel watch, easily scan between the current channel, emergency channel 16, and another user-configurable priority channel (in the USA, scan between the current channel, emergency channel 16, and calling channel 9). Alternatively, scan through all available channels or just your selected favourites. Emergency channels can be given priority when scanning to reduce the chance of missing distress calls or other urgent safety messages.
Minimum product requirements
Requires a VHF antenna (sold separately). An external GPS antenna may be required in some installations. All DSC functions require an MMSI number issued by local authorities; charges may apply.
- High-visibility display with inverted night mode
- Intuitive rotary dial and keypad controls
- Four-button fist microphone
- Class D DSC approved
- Integrated GPS receiver
- NMEA 2000 connectivity
- Dedicated emergency channel key
- Tri-channel watch function
- All international channels
- Easy bracket or flush-mount installation
What's in the box?
- RS20/V20 Mounting Bracket
- RS20/V20 Mounting Bracket Knobs
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (DE) (de-de)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (ES) (es-es)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (FI) (fi-fi)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (FR) (fr-fr)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (IT) (it-it)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (NL) (nl-nl)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (NO) (nb-no)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (PT) (pt-pt)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (SV) (se-sv)
- RS20 VHF Operator Manual (ZH) (zh-cn)
- RS20S User Manual (fi-fi)
- RS20S User Manual (fr-fr)
- RS20S User Manual (it-it)
- RS20S User Manual (nl-nl)
- RS20S User Manual (nb-no)
- RS20S User Manual (pt-pt)
- RS20S User Manual (sv-se)
- RS20S User Manual (zh-cn)
- RS20S User Manual (de-de)