Simrad NAC-D Autopilot Computer
NAC -D is a digital steering autopilot solution for Electronic Vessel Control Systems (steering systems with a digital interface). It allows automatic switching between two speed profiles, delivering optimal steering performance at both low and high speeds. It comes with Continuum steering and the new SteadySteer feature.
NAC -D is a steer-by-wire autopilot solution for Electronic Vessel Control Systems (steering systems with a digital interface).
With NAC -D, boaters with SeaStar Optimus, Yanmar VC10/JC10, Volvo IPS/EVC or Yamaha helm master/single engine control systems can benefit from all the full features and performance of Simrad autopilots.
Easy to install
Requires only the connection of two Micro-C connectors - there is no requirement for an additional hydraulic pump, rudder sensor installation or dockside rudder calibration. This saves boaters' time and money.
Featuring Continuum steering and support for the new SteadySteer, the NAC -D allows automatic switching between two speed profiles delivering optimal steering performance at both low and high speeds.
Choose the controller to suit your preference from dedicated controllers like the AP 44 or AP 48.
Simrad autopilot systems incorporate state-of-the-art electronics and represent over 70 years of experience and development. Simrad autopilots can reduce your workload and fatigue and improve your situational awareness and safety, helping you arrive fresher at your destination.
*Steer-by-wire - digital steering, the steering signal between autopilot and actuator/pump/rudder is in the form of a digital communication protocol.
**Continuum steering - an autopilot algorithm technology based on decades of development, distilling countless hours of real world on-water experience into a system you can trust to take the helm.
***SteadySteer - an autopilot functionality allowing boaters to take immediate, manual control of the vessel through turns without having to disengage the autopilot.
- SeaStar Solutions, Volvo, Yanmar and Yamaha approved control system interface
- Control via AP 44, AP 48
- No need for an additional hydraulic pump, rudder sensor, or dockside calibration
- SteadySteer feature included
- Steer to a waypoint, heading or set turn pattern, such as a U turn, Spiral turn and many more - the NAC -D can even initiate a zigzag turn
- CAN-bus data connectivity - connection to Optimus steering systems via the CAN-bus data network
- Weight: 0,1kg (0,2 lbs)
- Compass Safe: 0,5m (19,7")
- Operating Temperature Range: 0C to +55C (+32F to +131F)
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity: 2 x NME2000 Micro-C port, 2 LEN
- Warranty Period: 2 years
- Storage Temperature Range: -30C to +70C (-22F to +131F)
- Power Consumption max: 40mA
- Power Consumption typical: 40mA
- Dimensions W x H x D: 86,5 x 20,0 x 11,5mm (3,4 x 0,8 x 0,45")
- Supply Voltage: 9-16V via CAN
- Manouevres Turn Patterns: C-turn, U-turn, Zigzag turn, Square turn, S-turn, Depth counter tracking (DCT)
- Drive output: EVC
- Mounting Type: Inline with cable
- Waterproofrating: IP44
- Languages: n/a
- PC Connectivity: n/a
- NMEA 0183 Sentences supported: n/a
- Connectivity Wi Fi: n/a
- Bluetooth: n/a
- Interface: n/a
- Drive Max Stroke: n/a
- Steering Modes: n/a
- Approvals Compliance: n/a
- Drive Max Boat Length: n/a
- Recommended Fuse Rating: n/a
- Display Resolution: n/a
- Screen Brightness: n/a
- Backlight Color: n/a
- Viewing Angles: n/a
- Compasssensor support: NMEA 2000
- Engine Drive systems integration: Volvo EVC, Yamaha, Yanmar, Optimus
What's in the box?
- N2K-T-RD Network T-Connector