Simrad NAC-3 Core Pack with Steady Steer
Simrad Nac-3 Autopilot Core Pack W/Steadysteer - Includes Steadysteer Flow Switch, Nac-3, Precision-9, Rf25n & N2k Starter Kit
NAC-3 Autopilot Core Pack with SteadySteer - Includes SteadySteer Flow Switch, NAC-3, Precision-9, RF25N & N2k Starter Kit
Comprising of the high-current NAC-3 autopilot computer, Precision-9 compass, RF-25 rudder feedback unit & N2k Starter Kit.
The NAC-3 Autopilot Computer is the brains behind your autopilot system. NAC-3 contains the control algorithms developed to helm a yacht across a broad range of weather conditions and sea-states, alongside the electronics needed to operate a hydraulic or mechanical drive unit, while also interfacing with other components including heading sensors and rudder feedback units. The NAC-3 was designed for boats 10M (33') or greater in length and is rated to operate high-current hydraulic drives, mechanical drive units, and solenoid valves with a current rating of 30 Amps continuous (50 Amps peak).
SteadySteer Flow Switch
Navigate safely with SteadySteer, a new functionality for autopilot systems that allows boaters to take immediate, manual control of the vessel through turns without having to disengage the autopilot. Coming out of turns, SteadySteer automatically reengages the autopilot once a new heading is established.
Control the autopilot with the helm
SteadySteer automatically disengages the autopilot when you turn the vessel manually and then reengages the autopilot when you have established a new heading. No key-presses, no alarms - just turn the helm.
Less distractions - Just drive
No need to look at a display or push buttons to change course, merely point the bow to your destination.
SteadySteer is compatible with NAC-2, NAC-3 autopilot computers (sw version 1.1.01.00 and newer), AP44, IS42, and AP48 (sw version 57.3.163 and newer) and Simrad multifunction displays (sw version 20.2 and newer).
Suitable for vessels with hydraulic steering, SteadySteer will be available to purchase alongside existing Simrad autopilot systems.
The Precision-9 Compass. Outputs Heading (20 hZ), Rate Of Turn (20 hZ), roll, and pitch (10 hZ) over the NMEA 2000 network.
RF25N, Rudder Feedback Unit: With transmission link and 5M (16.5') NMEA2000 Micro-C cable
N2k Backbone Starter Kit
NMEA 2000 Micro-C Network starter kit: Includes Network power cable, 4.5M (15') N2K cable, 3 x T-connectors, 2 x network terminators
- Temperature, operation: 0 to +55degreeC
- Temperature, storage: -32 to +70degreeC
- Protection: IPx7
- Weight in Kg: 0.7kg, 1.6lbs
- Dimmension Max size, mm (length x width x height): 211 x 196 x 65.5mm, 8.31" x 7,72" x 2.58"
- Mounting: Bulkhead
- Construction: Plastic
- Color: Black
- Cable inlet: Grommet (Spare Incl)
- Local Power supply: 12/24 V DC +10-30%
- NMEA 2000 Load Equivalent number (50mA): 1
- Reversible motor control of rudder: Max continious load 30A, peak 50A for 1s
- On/off solenoid control of rudder: 12/24V DC, common, load range 10mA to 10A, off current <1mA
- Engage output for bypass/clutch: 12/24V DC, min 10mA, max 3A
- Rudder angle, frequency input: 15V, 1.4 to 5kHz, resol. 20Hz/x OR NMEA2000
- NFU port/stbd input and mode indicator output: External open/close contact, common ret, contact current max 30mA
- Mode input: External open/close or pulse contact for SYSTEM SELECT, common ret, close to activate, contact current max 30mA
- External alarm output for buzzer/relay: Max 100mA, voltage level as local supply
- IEC 61162-1 input (NMEA0183 In): 1 ch
- IEC 61162-1 output (NMEA0183 Out): 1 ch
- IEC 61162-1 speed: 4.8 & 38.4 kbaud
- NMEA2000: Certified (pending)