Simrad NAC-1 Computer
The NAC-1 is the centre of your autopilot system, containing the electronics needed to operate and interface with other key components. It has been designed for hydraulic or cable-steered boats up to nine metres (30 feet) in length, and works with Simrad displays to provide a fully integrated autopilot solution.
Plug-and-play connectors facilitate easy installation, minimising the wiring necessary to install your autopilot system. Industry-standard NMEA 2000® networking offers simple connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedback units, and multifunction displays located anywhere on board.
Hydraulic and Cable Steer Options
The NAC-1 Autopilot Computer is recommended for boats up to 9 metres (30 feet) in length. It been designed to reliably drive either the Simrad PUMP-1 reversible hydraulic pump for hydraulic-steered outboards, or the HELM-1 drive unit for cable-steered vessels.
Virtual Rudder Feedback
Simrad Virtual Rudder Feedback technology eliminates the need to install a separate rudder feedback unit aboard outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats with planing hulls. This reduces overall autopilot system cost and complexity, and is ideal where a feedback unit is impractical due to mechanical constraints.
Minimum product requirements
A drive unit, heading sensor, NMEA 2000® network, and compatible autopilot controller or multifunction display are required to create a complete autopilot system. Some vessels may also require a rudder feedback unit.
- Reliable autopilot performance based on Continuum Steering technology
- Recommended for boats up to 9 metres (30 feet) in length
- Compatible with the Simrad PUMP-1 reversible hydraulic pump and HELM-1 cable steer drive unit
- Virtual rudder feedback for simplified installation aboard outboard and sterndrive boats
- Supports Simrad RF25 rudder feedback units
- Plug-and-play connectors for easy installation
- NMEA 2000® connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedbacks, and multifunction displays
- Compass Safe: 0,5m (19,7")
- Weight: 0,6kg (1,3 lbs)
- Drive output: 12VDC, Rev. Motor control 8A, 16A peak (1sec.)
- Power Consumption max: 140mA + Drive unit load
- Power Consumption typical: 140mA + Drive unit load
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity: 1x CAN Micro-C port, 3 LEN
- Warranty Period: 2 years
- Dimensions W x H x D: 204 x 190 x 57mm (8,03 x 7,5 x 2,24")
- Recommended Fuse Rating: 20A
- Operating Temperature Range: -25C to +55C (-13F to +131F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -30C to +70C (-22F to +158F)
- Supply Voltage: 9-16VDC
- Mounting Type: Bulkhead
- Waterproofrating: IPx5
- Languages: n/a
- PC Connectivity: n/a
- NMEA 0183 Sentences supported: n/a
- Connectivity Wi Fi: n/a
- Bluetooth: n/a
- Interface: n/a
- Drive Max Stroke: n/a
- Steering Modes: n/a
- Manouevres Turn Patterns: n/a
- Display Resolution: n/a
- Backlight Color: n/a
- Viewing Angles: n/a
- Compasssensor support: NMEA2000
- Engine Drive systems integration: Reversible pump/Helm Drive
- Rudder sensor s upport: VRF, 0-5V, RF25
What's in the box?
- NAC-1 Power Cable
- NAC-1/NAC-2 DRIVE CABLE - 2M
- NAC-1/NAC-2 Power Cable - 2m