Simrad HS60 GPS Compass
The HS60 GPS compass delivers accurate heading and position data for use with Simrad chartplotters, autopilots, radar, and AIS. Ideal for applications where precise heading data is essential, such as autopilot systems, the HS60 provides an all-in-one alternative to a separate compass and GPS receiver.
Accurate Heading with Dual GPS Antennas
An accurate heading sensor is essential for autopilot, advanced radar features, and many other on-board electronics. The HS60 GPS compass determines your boat's heading using two separate GPS antennas, which are packed into one compact casing. This provides greater accuracy than a common magnetic fluxgate compass, without the cost and maintenance requirements of a gyrocompass. Unlike a standard GPS receiver, which can only estimate heading based on the movement of your boat, the HS60's dual antennas provide an accurate heading even while your boat is stationary.
Fast and Accurate Positioning
The HS60's high-speed GPS receiver updates your position ten times every second, perfect for fast-moving powerboats, while quick startup means you won't get caught waiting for a position fix before you can get underway. Support for satellite based augmentation systems (SBAS) offers enhanced positional accuracy where available.
Integrated Gyro & Tilt Sensors
On-board gyro and tilt sensors deliver heave, roll, and pitch information to compatible systems. These sensors also offer faster and smoother heading updates than GPS alone, and provide heading updates during any temporary loss of GPS signal.
Minimum product requirements
- Requires an NMEA 2000 drop cable with Micro-C connector.
- Simplicity of a compass and GPS receiver in one
- Tracks heading, rate of turn, position, heave, roll, and pitch
- Accurate heading based on GPS data, free from magnetic interference
- Supports satellite-based augmentation systems (SBAS) for enhanced positional accuracy
- Compact flush-mount or pole-mounted design
- Easy installation with NMEA 2000 connectivity
- Compass Safe: 0,3m (11,8")
- Weight: 0,42/0,51kg (0,9/1,1 lbs)
- Humidity: 100% non-condensing
- N2K PG Ns: 126992, 127250, 127251, 127257, 127258, 128259, 129025, 129026, 129027, 129028, 129029, 129033, 129539, 129540
- Power Consumption typical: 150mA
- Power Consumption max: 165mA
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity: 1x CAN Micro-C port, 4 LEN
- Warranty Period: 2 years
- Heading Sensor Accuracy: 2degree rms
- Operating Temperature Range: -30 to +70C (-22 to +158F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -40 to +85C (-40 to +185F)
- Supply Voltage: 8-36 VDC external or 12-16V via CAN
- Mounting Type: Fixed/Flush mount or Pole mount
- Sensor Type: GPS Compass
- Heading Sensor Data Available: Heading, Rate of turn, Attitude, Magnetic Variation, Speed, Position, COG & SOG, Altitude, GNSS Position data, GNSS DOP's, GNSS Sats in view, Time & Date, System Time
- Waterproofrating: IEC 60945, Exposed
- Recommended Fuse Rating: na
- Heading Sensor Data Protocol: NMEA2000
- Dimensions W x H x D: Not incl. Mount: 259 x 45 x 129 mm (10,2 x 1,8 x 5,1") Incl. Mount: 259 x 128 x 129 mm (10,2 x 5,0 x 5,1")